Bunny Tastes Chuckle Park Sangria

Left: Love the caravan Right: Spiced Peach and Pear White Sangria

Nestled in the archway of New Guernica entrance on Little Collins Street, I stumbled upon this great little place called Chuckle Park. My traveling party and I stopped here for a drink the first day we arrived in Melbourne. It's a little gem in the heart of a vibrant city, and I was smitten from the start.

Blink and you might miss this little hole in the wall but if you do look up and happen to notice it, it will peak your curiosity. The Chuckle Park alleyway could almost be mistaken for an entrance to a secret garden or Alice's Wonderland with its astro turf, flamingo ornaments and hanging pot. At the end of the alley sits a little retro caravan adorned with flowers and an angelic Madonna where drinks are prepared. Further in the back beyond the caravan lies the kitchen, pulled pork rolls, meatball wraps and other delicious-looking meals originate from. I say delicious-looking because we only admired the meals from afar, but they sure did look the business.

View from below


Our main focus that day was their selection of Cocktail Jars, I really regret now not eating here. If the Spiced Peach and Pear White Sangria is anything to go by I'm positive the food would be just as good.

Chuckle Park is one of many quirky little hideaways to discover and indulge in, where you can mix with fellow travelers and locals alike. Regardless of whether you are a trend setter, fashion outcast, suit or something in-between no judgement is passed, you are welcomed warmly and sincerely. The cosiness of this narrow alley cafe and bar will keep you firmly glued in place for hours as you chat with friends and soak up the atmosphere.

I have to admit my once indifferent view of Melbourne has changed thanks to places like Chuckle Park.  The city is a mecca for amazing food and drink and the charm of its people has made me grow very fond of Melbourne.

Happy adventuring!


Chuckle Park
322, Little Collins St, Melbourne 
http://www.chucklepark.com.au/


Chuckle Park Bar and Cafe on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bunnys Happenings

Events Coming Soon

Follow Bunny on Instagram

Coming Soon

About Bunny's Chow

Bunny's Chow is a food diary, named after my beloved great Aunty Bunny and the South African street food known as Bunny Chow. Through this diary I share all the gastronomical wonders I encounter as I travel around Australia (and the world) and my personal journey from home cook to street food vendor/ food photographer.